Thursday, June 29, 2006

TRIPPING THROUGH LIFE

I did something really dumb yesterday. I tripped over my desk. I have a file drawer that will open if it is not shut completely, and I didn't notice that the drawer had slipped back open. As I got up to leave my cube, I tripped over the drawer, making a huge ruckus, banging and skinning my shin, and falling into the wall. People came running to make sure I was ok, but really I was more embarrassed than anything. But, you know what? That drawer no longer opens on its own, so somehow my clumsiness fixed the drawer.
Do you ever feel as though you bungle something so badly and you feel embarrassed, bruised and just downright stupid? Well, it's amazing how sometimes our most embarrassing moments turn out to be life altering fixers. We are all human and are not expected to be perfect, but we are continually trying to aim for perfection. It's very unrealistic. I say let's strive for excellence instead. If we are working as hard as we can, doing the best job we can, then we are striving for excellence, and those little trips in life are a great way to learn and possibly even fix a situation.

So next time you trip over a desk drawer, don't be so hard on yourself. Stand up, dust yourself off, and laugh! You never know, you may have just done something to alter your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home